Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Job Interview





In class we just finished our mock interviews! In our class four people were assigned roles of administrators and the rest of the class were potential teacher candidates that they could hire. Each administrator came to our groups and asked us questions relating to direct instruction, inquiry and cooperative lesson, assessment and differentiation. 
In order to prepare for the interview I went back and looked at the materials that we have gone through in this class. I prepared my teaching philosophy statement and my resume.I was very nervous for the interview questions because I was unsure of what they were going to ask and how to cover all of the material we have learned so far.
Some of the questions I knew right of the bat like questions relating to implemented the different instruction models. Other questions I had to stop and think about. Those questions were usually more abstract. For example if assessment was part of the house which part would it be? Another question I had to think more about was when you think of direct instruction what color would you think of? I thought this was a very abstract question that I could not prepare for. I had to really stop and think about this question. I ended just picking a random color just to get through the question. 
One of the questions that I really did like was the one where we had to choose a time to go back in history. That question really made me think about where I would want to go and why. I felt really prepared for the questions where they would ask what would my classroom would like during different types of instruction.
Next time I feel I need to be able to think more abstractly and prepare more for those types of questions. This experience I feel was a good step in the right direction to future job interviews. It made me think on my feet which is something we don't do often enough in school classes.
At the end of the session the administrators choose one person from each group that they would "hire" and I got picked! So I guess I did something right!




No comments:

Post a Comment