Thursday, December 10, 2015

END OF THE SEMESTER!!!!!


It is finally the end of the semester! These last couple weeks have been a struggle, but I made it through! I just have to complete one final and submit my efolio for my Social Studies Methods class. This class I can honestly say taught me the most from my methods classes. That being said it definitely was not easy. I was able to teach a full fifth grade for the first time. I was taught many different tool that I can incorporate in my future classroom. Dr.Smirnova knew exactly how to push us to where we needed to be. I learned how to better write lesson. how to teach better, new ideas for teaching Social Studies and how to cooperate with different people. I would not have made it through this class if it wasn't for the group of people I worked with. We all helped each other along the way. If one of us didn't get something someone was there to help them.  Cooperative learning is now something that I have experienced and can't wait to use in my future classroom. 
All of that being said I am so happy this semester is over! I cannot wait to go home and spend time with my family, and get back to working. I need more money! I am excited for next semester to see what it has to offer, but my college journey is starting to come to a close. I am officially past the half way point of my undergraduate career! That is kind of scary.
So that's all for now! 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that this was the most educational methods class. It was overwhelming at times with the amount of information that was thrown at us. It was hard to balance all the work we had, but it was possible. Dr. Smirnova was an invaluable resource throughout the process, She was always willing to help us understand the task and push us to where we needed to be.

    ReplyDelete